We are now at that time of year when the daffodils begin to shoot up and the weather is meant to start to improve. Well, with no sign of that just yet we can still get you prepared to get your lawn ready for spring and that first cut of the season. It’s time to ensure your lawn mower is ready and waiting for the new season.
Healthy Lawn Tips
1) Ensure you only cut a maximum of 2 thirds of the grass length per mow.
2) Always leave the grass cuttings on the lawn, but try and spread them out evenly. There are valuable nutrients in the cut grass that feed back into your grass to help with a healthy lawn.
3) Get those pesky weeds when they’re in the early stages of growth. A healthy lawn that is weed free will look stunning, so apply herbicide to grassy and broadleaf weeds early in spring to stunt their growth.
4) Use only a high quality lawn mower that has been regularly serviced and maintained to ensure a clean cut and reliability. It is extremely annoying when you go to your lawn mower and there are mechanical problems. Cutting edge machinery will ensure and guarantee your lawn mower after a full service to avoid these problems.
5) Make sure your lawn mower blades are freshly sharpened to ensure a crisp clean. Your lawn will grow better if it is cleanly cut rather than jaggedly cut. We recommend sharpening your blades once a year. The cutting edge blade sharpening service will ensure a whole season of clean cuts.
6) Water your lawn early in the day to ensure that the suns rays don’t dry the moisture before it is soaked into the grass. most people think that watering at night is the right way but this can lead to disease in the grass. You grass needs around 1-2 inches of water a week to stay healthy.
7) The quality of your grass seed has an effect on the health of your lawn. cheaper seeds will more likely introduce weeds and other grasses to your lawn. Most quality seeds will have a seed to weed ratio. It should contain less than 0.1 percent per pack.
If you need any more information about the lawn mowers or ensuring a healthy lawn, then please get in touch
Whilst still in the grip of winter and the weather surprising us each day, now is the perfect time to consider any mower repairs or servicing that need doing before the season changes and the weather starts to improve. Now is the time to beat the rush with those last minute mower repairs or servicing required.
Cutting Edge Machinery have been supplying and servicing petrol lawnmowers for over 20 years and we have the expertise and knowledge to repairs mowers of all ages, makes and models including Cub Cadet, Hayter, Lawnflite, Mowmaster and MTD to name just a few.
Mower repairs or servicing are just one of those jobs that we put off every day, but with spring fast approaching, you don’t want to be going to your shed or garage only to find you mower is need of some serious TLC or repair.
Now is the time to book into Cutting Edge Machinery for any mower repairs or servicing you may need.
Leaf blowers and vacs are gardening tools that propel or suck air out of a nozzle to move debris, mainly leaves, twigs and grass cuttings, around.
Leaf blowers are generally available in petrol and electric, but new battery models are now coming onto the market for more flexibility.
Invented by Aldo Vanerdmolen in the 50’s after a series of droughts on California, USA prohibited the use of water products in the garden. Since it’s invention, leaf blowers have now become a integral garden tool for both commercial and domestic garden duties.
Leaf Blowers and the Environment
Older 2 stroke engines were a contributor to air pollution but new models have become more efficient and less polluting. For the environmentally conscious, the electric and battery alternatives have become ever more popular.
The latest battery operated leaf blowers combing both blowing and vacuuming in one system with petrol matching performance. All this without the weight, noise and starting-issues that plague petrol powered machines.
Echo ES-250ES Shred ‘n’ Vac
Echo PB-251 Petrol blower
Echo PB-265ESL Back pack blower
Echo PB-500 Petrol back pack blower
Echo PBAV-4600 Vacuum Attchment£59.00
GreenWorks G-Max Blower Vacuum 40v Digigpro 185mph
MTD BV3000G Petrol blower and vacuum
NEW Echo PB-580 Back pack blower£489.00
The EGO LB4801E battery leaf blower is amongst the most powerful rechargeable blower on the market and the first to perform better than many premium petrol-powered models.
It runs on the industry’s first-ever 56-volt Lithium-Ion battery with 40% more power than the leading 40-volt battery. TheEGO LB4801E battery leaf blower delivers the performance of petrol without the noise, fuss and fumes.
If you book in November you will receive the full 15% discount of your winter service labour costs, this reduces to 10% if booked in December and 5% if booked in January. Book your winter service now on 01527 68295
A true contender for the commercial zero steer market, awesome manoeuvrability and FAST!!